WATCH THE 2021 INFOSESSION NOW
WHAT OTHER APPRENTICES ARE SAYING...
What you'll learn in the 12-week pre-apprenticeship program:
The pre-apprenticeship program utilizes the Multi-Craft Core Curriculum of the NABTU - North America's Building Trades Unions, to help hands-on problem-solvers enter a new career path through accelerated, bootcamp training and introductions to local building trades opportunities.
What You Will Learn:
Construction Industry Orientation
Tools and Materials
Construction Health and Safety
Basic Math for Construction
Heritage of the American Worker
Diversity in the Construction Industry
THE NEXT STEPS:
1. Contact Us
2. Attend Session
Register for the free info session above to begin the process
Learn about the 12 week MC3 Multi-Caft Core pre-apprenticeship program
Submit a short online application -- we’ll invite you to a video interview
4. Video Interview
Interview with our team. This will help us get to know you, and make sure you’d be a good fit for MC3
If you're a good fit, we’ll invite you to attend the 12 week pre-apprenticeship training
Graduate and interview for a paid apprenticeship in the building & construction trades on the Central Coast!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our primary focus is students with a great attitude and an openness to learn new skills. We don’t require existing tech or mechanical skills. Targeted students range from recent high school graduates hoping to find a well-paying career without taking on student loan debt, Community College students looking to add to the skills they’ve learned and find a career that can grow with them, community members wanting to stay in on the Central and South Coasts, but needing a different career path to land a job here, to mom’s wanting to re-enter the workforce to veterans.
- If you are someone who enjoys working in a team, problem-solving, and learning new skills, the Tri-Counties Building & Construction Trades Council's Apprenticeship program offers an opportunity to enter a career path with the potential to earn head of household income, right here on the Central Coast.
- The local industry is growing rapidly, and in desperate need of motivated, reliable and ambitious individuals to help them grow.
- The Tri-Counties Building & Construction Trades Council's program provides the foundational training these employers are looking for, and creates connections between our Bootcamp graduates and the manufacturing business community.
- We’ve helped dozens of local community members level-up their skills and find a new career path
Apprenticeship and journeyman wages vary based on the trade you pursue after the program, but are strong and generally come with strong benefits including full medical and pensions. One example of the plumbers and pipe-fitters apprenticeship starts at $22/hr for a first-year apprentice, along with a $6/hr benefits package, and after the 4th year on the job, the total hourly wage including benefits is approximately $78/hr.
- The course takes place over 12 weeks (120 hrs. total). Next session starts February 2022.
- Meetings are two evenings per week from 5:30-8:30 PM PST via Zoom.
- 3 half-day Saturday meetings in-person at different union halls to see and experience different trades.
AFTER THE PROGRAM EXPECT TO...
Make more money
Get certified quickly
Find work anywhere
A construction apprenticeship can dramatically increase your standard of living
Receive high quality hands-on training and classroom education – with no student debt
Construction Apprentices receive reputable credentials and national industry certifications